Your Legal Guidance Through Recovery
When Todd graduated from law school in 1993, he was hired by one of the world's largest insurance companies to handle insurance claims of all kinds. When he was hired, he was told that he would be helping people solve serious problems during at a time of tremendous loss. Helping people was exactly what Todd wanted to do.
In reality, that insurance company quickly showed its true colors. To the insurer, nothing was more important than money, that included people who were suffering a tremendous loss. Todd understood that the real objective was to pay people as little as possible, despite the significance of a loss. That did not sit well with Todd.
As a former house counsel for a major insurance company, Todd has seen it all. He knows all the tricks and the games. He knows how to stop them, and he has not represented an insurance company since 1997. He formed this Firm because he saw a tremendous opportunity to serve people and to level a very uneven playing field for victims of negligence and insurance company abuse.
Mr. Wiseman has served as an expert in cases involving allegations of insurance bad faith, violations of insurance laws and regulations. He has presented continuing legal education seminars to other lawyers on these same issues.
Todd is a proud native of Wood County, West Virginia. He resides in Wood County with his wife.
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents
- Premises Liability/Slip and Fall
- Dog Bites
- Brain Injuries
- Fire and Burn Injuries
- Insurance Claims
- Insurance Bad Faith/Misconduct
- Homeowner's Fire Claim
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- J.D. - 1993
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Major: Psychology
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Association for Justice, Member
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- West Virginia Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Ohio Bar Association, Member
- Wood County Bar Association, Member
- Mid-Ohio Valley Swim Association, Former President
- North Hills Swim & Racquet Club, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Town of North Hills, Former Elected Council Member
- Wood County Bar Association, Former President
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Insurance Section, Former Co-Chairman
- Parkersburg Catholic Schools Foundation, President
- Ankrom v. Wal-Mart Stores, East, 244 W. Va. 437 (2021)
- Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co. v. O'Dell, Case 00-C-37, Circuit Court of Roane County, WV
- State ex rel. Erie Ins. Prop. & Cas. Co. v. Beane, W. Va. LEXIS 516 (2016)
- Chedester v. Erie Ins. Prop. & Cas. Co., W.V. Cir. LEXIS 182 (2015)
- State ex rel. Taylor v. Nibert, 220 W. Va. 129 (2006)
- State ex rel. Ford Motor Co. v. McGraw, 237 W. Va. 573 (2016)
- Eckelberry v. ReliaStar Life Ins. Co., 402 F. Supp. 2d 704 (2005)
- Super Lawyer 2021 to present
Classes & Seminars
- Litigation of Bad Faith Claims, WVAJ, Present
- Moran Construction Company
- Architectural Interior Products, Inc.
- Mid-Ohio Valley Medical Assoc.
- Mr. Bee Potato Chip Company