A Trustworthy Advocate After An Accident
It can happen in an instant. You’re driving on Grand Central Avenue, Route 50 or I-77. You maintain an awareness of the vehicles around you and follow the rules of the road. Without warning, a car swerves into your lane, turns in front of you or slams into the back of your vehicle.
Your injuries result in weeks away from work, multiple doctor visits and even surgical procedures. You feel cut off from the world from your home or hospital bed, unable to change your situation. Perhaps you have even made an insurance claim only to have it denied.
Wiseman Law Firm, PLLC, in Vienna, West Virginia, is a personal injury firm dedicated to bringing clients peace of mind through focused, supportive legal care. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your car, truck or motorcycle accident case.
Table Of Contents
- Guiding You Through The Process
- Choosing A Fair Approach For You
- What To Do After An Accident in Parkersburg
- Types Of Auto Accidents
- Types Of Serious Injuries From Car Accidents
- Talk To A Parkersburg Lawyer
- Suggested Readings
When we enter into the attorney-client relationship, we not only explain the entire process for you, we remove the burden from your shoulders. We meet with your doctor, obtain medical information, investigate accident scenes, and, most importantly, allow you to focus on physical recovery. We have successfully represented clients involved in various accidents, including car crashes, motorcycle collisions, trucking accidents, and incidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians.
Choosing A Fair Approach For You
In our evaluation of your situation, we try to determine a way to move forward to obtain a favorable outcome for you. While most of the time, through the development of a negotiation strategy, we can settle cases, we are always ready to take your case to court if the situation warrants it. We counsel clients on an approach to maximize compensation and avoid hefty legal fees.
At Wiseman Law Firm, PLLC, we work hard to give you the peace of mind you need to move forward following an injury. With a validating, supportive presence, our attorneys work tirelessly to help you achieve a favorable outcome so you can focus on physical recovery without financial stress. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation.
What To Do After An Accident in Parkersburg
From the beginning of an accident, you may feel overwhelmed about what you should and should not do. After you hear the sound of crashing cars, it can be even more difficult to focus and determine what you should do. Here are a few steps you should take after an accident:
- Stay calm and assess the situation
- If you are injured, call 911 immediately
- If you are not injured, exchange information with the other driver, including names, addresses and insurance information
- Call the police and get an official report of the accident
- Seek medical care, even if you do not feel injured
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and the accident scene
- Do not admit fault
Types Of Auto Accidents
There are many types of car and truck accidents, each with its own set of potential injuries. Some of the most common types of auto accidents include:
- Head-on collisions: These are the most dangerous type of auto accident, as they involve two vehicles colliding head-on. Head-on collisions can cause severe injuries to drivers and passengers, including head injuries, spinal cord injuries and even death.
- T-bone collisions: These accidents occur when one vehicle hits another vehicle at a right angle. T-bone collisions can cause serious injuries to the occupants of the car that was hit, as they are more likely to be thrown from the vehicle or hit by the other vehicle.
- Rear-end collisions: These accidents occur when one vehicle hits another vehicle from behind. Rear-end collisions are typically less serious than other accidents. However, they can still cause injuries like whiplash and neck pain.
- Sideswipe accidents: These accidents occur when two vehicles collide side-to-side. Sideswipe accidents can cause injuries to the occupants of both cars, as they are more likely to be hit by the other vehicle or thrown from their own vehicle.
- Rollovers: These accidents occur when a vehicle flips over. Rollovers can cause serious injuries, including head injuries, spinal cord injuries and even death.
In addition to severe injuries and property damage, these types of motor vehicle accidents could impact your ability to care for yourself and your family.
Types Of Serious Injuries From Car Accidents
The types of serious injuries someone could get from a car accident vary depending on the accident type and the impact’s severity. Some of the most common types of severe injuries from car accidents include:
- Head injuries: Head injuries can range from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can cause permanent brain damage, disability and even death.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can cause paralysis, loss of sensation and loss of bladder and bowel control.
- Internal injuries: These can include damage to the heart, lungs, liver, spleen and other organs. Internal injuries can be life-threatening and can require surgery.
- Amputations: Amputations can occur when a limb is crushed or severed in a car accident. Amputations can be disfiguring and can require extensive rehabilitation.
- Burns: Burns can occur when a car catches on fire or when a person is exposed to hot liquids or flames. Burns can be serious and can require hospitalization.
- Death: Car accidents are a leading cause of death in the United States. Every year, thousands of people are killed in car accidents.
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. You should also contact an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your legal options. An attorney can help you understand your rights and can fight to get you compensation for your injuries.
Talk To A Parkersburg Lawyer
Being involved in a motor vehicle accident can be mentally and physically traumatizing. It is essential to seek legal counsel as soon as possible to get started on your case. At Wiseman Law Firm, PLLC, we offer free consultations so that you can learn more about what comes next. To make an appointment so that we can explore your legal options after a crash that took place in Parkersburg, Wood County, or the surrounding Mid-Ohio Valley, contact us online or call 304-314-4768.