Your Legal Guidance Through Recovery

Compassionate Legal Support After A Car Accident

The Wiseman Law Firm, PLLC, is a West Virginia law firm that can support you after a car accident. We have been helping people injured in car accidents for over 25 years. We understand the challenges that you are facing, and we are here to help you get the compensation that you deserve.

Insurance Rules In West Virginia

West Virginia is a “fault” state, which means that the driver who is at fault for an accident is responsible for paying for the damages. If you are injured in an accident, you can file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company. Your own insurance company may also be able to help you, even if you are not at fault.

The amount of compensation you can receive for your injuries will depend on the specific facts of your case. Some factors that may be considered include the severity of your injuries, the extent of your medical expenses and the impact of your injuries on your ability to work.

Getting Answers To Your Questions

We understand that motor vehicle crashes can be very confusing and overwhelming. We can help you answer your questions and help you to understand your legal rights and options.

Here are some answers to common questions about car accidents:

When Do You Need A Lawyer For A Car Accident?

Seeking an attorney is crucial if you find yourself seriously injured or if your loved one was killed after a car crash. Insurance companies may often not cooperate with you or try to lowball you on what they pay you. An attorney can work diligently to help you seek the compensation you deserve. Whether the compensation is for helping you afford your medical bills, spending time away from work or supplementing the income of your loved one who was negligently killed, an attorney can advocate for you and your needs throughout the process.

A good personal injury attorney can also help you seek appropriate compensation when the other driver is uninsured.

What Happens If The Other Driver Is From Out Of State?

If you are involved in a car accident with someone from out of state, the laws of the state where the accident occurred will apply. This means that you may have to file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company in that state. However, we can help you with this process.

What Happens If The Other Driver Is In A Rental Car?

In some cases, the rental car company is responsible for the actions of its customers while they are driving the rental car. If that is the case, the rental car company may be liable for the damages.

What Happens If It Was A Hit-And-Run Accident?

If you are involved in a hit-and-run accident, tracking down the other driver can be difficult. However, we have experience investigating hit-and-run accidents. We can help you find the other driver and hold them accountable.

What Happens If The Fault Is Unclear?

Sometimes, who is at fault for a car accident may be unclear. In these cases, we will work with you to gather evidence and build a strong case. We will also work with the insurance companies to try to reach a fair settlement.

What Do You Get During A Free Consultation?

When you first call, we listen intently to your situation and use that information to help you understand how much your claim could be worth and explain the different types of damages that could be available to you. From there, we can work with you to devise a legal strategy that helps you pursue your desired outcomes.

Get Answers To Your Questions

At Wiseman Law Firm, PLLC, we offer free consultations to help you get the answers you need. To make an appointment in our office close to Parkersburg, use our online contact form or call 304-314-4768.