Experienced Support After A Commercial Truck Crash
Large commercial vehicles can be dangerous when involved in a crash. These trucks are often much heavier than passenger vehicles, leading to devastating injuries or even death.
At Wiseman Law Firm, PLLC, we have years of experience representing victims of commercial truck crashes. We understand the challenges that you are facing, and we are here to help you seek the most favorable outcome possible.
What Is A Commercial Truck Crash?
A commercial truck crash is a collision involving a large commercial vehicle, such as a tractor-trailer, semi truck or 18-wheeler. Commercial truck crashes are a serious problem in the United States. Every year, there are thousands of commercial truck crashes, resulting in tens of thousands of injuries and hundreds of deaths.
There are many factors that can contribute to a commercial truck crash, including:
- Driver fatigue
- Driver distraction
- Drunk driving
- Mechanical problems
- Unsafe loading
- Poor road conditions
When these dangerous accidents happen, it can leave severe damage and injury behind. Often, truck accident victims are unable to work and support their families while they recover from their injuries.
Who Is At Fault In A Commercial Truck Crash?
In some cases, it may be clear who is at fault in a commercial truck crash. For example, if the truck driver was speeding or driving recklessly, they may be liable for the accident. However, in other cases, determining who is at fault may be more difficult.
Several factors can contribute to a commercial truck crash, including:
- Driver error: Truck drivers are required to follow many safety regulations. If drivers fail to follow these regulations, they may be liable for an accident.
- Mechanical failure: Commercial trucks are complex machines that can sometimes malfunction. If a truck malfunctions and causes an accident, the manufacturer may be liable.
- Company negligence: Trucking companies are responsible for ensuring that their drivers are adequately trained, and their trucks are in safe working condition. If a trucking company fails to meet these responsibilities, it may be held liable for an accident.
Unlike car crashes, there may be other parties who are liable for the damages caused by a crash with a semi.
What Should I Do If I Am Involved In A Commercial Truck Crash?
If you are involved in a commercial truck crash, it is crucial to take the following steps:
- Stay at the scene of the accident: Do not move your vehicle or leave the location of the accident until the police arrive.
- Get medical attention if you are injured: Even if you do not feel hurt, getting checked out by a doctor is essential.
- Exchange information with the other driver: Get the other driver’s name, address, insurance information and license plate number.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident: Take photos of the damage to both vehicles and the surrounding area.
You should also contact a skilled lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. Often, an insurance company will offer a low settlement that may seem adequate at the time. However, you may be entitled to more than their initial offer. At Wiseman Law Firm, PLLC, we can help you deal with all of the parties involved to seek the most favorable outcome possible.
Dealing with a commercial truck crash is stressful. We offer free consultations to help you learn more about your situation so that you can move forward. Call 304-314-4768 or contact us online to make an appointment in our Parkersburg office.